Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A New Blog

Hi There...I've created a new blog. I have a blog called Chooks Scraps already which I use for all my cards, scrapbooking and family news but I thought I might start a new blog for our families next big adventure in life....building a new home on acreage and until I can come up with another name...will be Chooks Nest.

My husband Shane and I built our first home about 12 years ago and although it has been myself pushing for the last few years to venture onto a bigger block, it has taken me a while to convince Shane. I know it will be hard to eventually leave our first home but I know we will love our new even more.

We signed a contract on 2.22 acres about 3 weeks ago and are due to settle on Easter Tuesday. I only ever wanted about 1 acre but we really like this area and know with some hard work we'll reap the rewards in the end.

I just thought I'd share the plan of our block, ours is Lot 2. I have discovered a great forum where others who are building or have built share there thoughts and experiences and I know I will be referring back to my blog to share things from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment